Amazing Race party printables
Have you ever seen crafters who are bigger fans of The Amazing Race than we are? It’s such a fun party idea for teenagers, kids or adults! We loved hosting our own Amazing Race party and then later we put on an Amazing Race party just for kids. We’ve even shared some tutorials with you to help you with your party ideas, including making a TAR clue box or a Pit Stop mat and fanny packs.
The key to any good DIY Amazing Race event, though, is the printables. You’ve got to have flags, arrows, and envelopes. And most of all, you’ve got to have clue cards! Our printables set contains SO MANY things that will make your Amazing Race party more authentic and fun, and makes the party planning easier.
All of our printables include printing tips, assembly instructions with color photos, and customizing tips, when appropriate. All printables are designed to be printed onto standard 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Most do best on white cardstock, but labels and stickers work best printed on full-sheet sticker paper. Ready to learn more about what’s in each set? Keep reading to see!
Set #1 – Clue Card Kit
This first set of printables is absolutely essential to any DIY version of The Amazing Race. You simply can’t race without clues, and our clue card templates are a perfect way to present tasks to your racers. Our set includes templates to make Route Info, Detour, Road Block, Fast Forward, Speed Bump, Intersection, and U-Turn cards.
Set #1 – Clue Card Kit – includes:
- Ready-to-print (PDF) templates for seven clue cards — Includes Route Info, Detour, Road Block, Fast Forward, Speed Bump, Intersection, and U-Turn. Just print the blank cards, then write your clues on by hand.
- Customizable (DOC) templates for seven clue cards — Same as above, but this time you can edit them in Microsoft Word/Office before printing, for a more professional look.
- Clue explanations and clue-writing tutorial — Our thorough explanations help you understand what each clue type is for, and we’ve included tips and guidelines for how to write each type and when to use them.
- TEN example Road Block tasks — Get started with our example Road Blocks, including task setup, clue text, and easy adaptation ideas for each one.
- TEN example Detour tasks — Get started with our example Detours, including task setup, clue text, and easy adaptation ideas for each one.
Set #2 – Classic Game Elements
If you want to take your DIY Amazing Race to the next level, add our Classic Game Elements printables for a truly authentic touch.
Set #2 – Classic Game Elements – includes:
- Full-color, yellow and black clue envelope printable — Print this onto white envelopes to make authentic clue envelopes. Or print on sticker paper that you can then add to your own tear-strip envelopes for a delightful addition to the race.
- Black-and-white clue envelope printable — Print this version directly onto your own yellow envelopes to add that authentic stripe!
- Route marker flags — Featuring the signature race colors of red and yellow, these are perfect for marking clue boxes or special locations for your racers.
- Arrow signs — Let your racers know which way to go with these coordinating, red and yellow arrows.
- U-Turn signs — Throw a curveball to your racers by giving them the chance to U-Turn another team! This sign, along with your team photos, makes it easy.
- Express Pass cards — Reward the winners of your first leg with an Express Pass they can use later in the race, to skip ahead! Just print these onto white cardstock and use as desired.
Set #3 – Deluxe Party Pack
If your DIY Amazing Race is more than just a race, it’s a party, then you need our deluxe printables set including tons of party decor items! Make your Amazing Race party an event to remember with our collection of printables.
Set #3 – Deluxe Party Pack – includes:
- Ready-to-print (PDF) party invitation — Includes inner clue card with areas for you to write party info by hand, and an outer folder emblazoned with a world map.
- Customizable (DOC) party invitation — Same as above, but this time you can edit the pieces in Microsoft Word/Office before printing, for a more professional look.
- Ready-to-print (PDF) round buttons / labels — 3″ circles are perfect for placing inside button blanks, or for printing onto sticker sheets to make nametags. Just print, cut, and write on them by hand.
- Customizable (DOC) round buttons / labels — Same as above, but this time you can edit the pieces in Microsoft Word/Office before printing, for a more professional look.
- Water bottle labels — Print, cut, and wrap around your water bottles. Comes in two styles — classic red/yellow flag and black-and-yellow “The Amazing Race” stripe. Includes a secret tip for protecting your labels from water and condensation, using a simple household item!
- Party banner pennants — Includes letters A-Z, numbers 0-9, blank, -, !, #, and ?. Also includes four graphic pennants featuring the route marker flag, the world map, the gnome, and the black TAR stripe.
- Three Cupcake Collars designs — Make your cupcakes extra special with our exclusive Cupcake Collars in three special Amazing Race-themed designs — gnome, map, and TAR stripe.
- Round stickers / cupcake picks — 2″ circles perfect for attaching to toothpicks to make quick and easy picks for cupcakes or hors-d’oeuvres. Or print onto sheets of sticker paper and cut out to make stickers for decorating anything! Includes three designs — gnome, map, and TAR stripe.
- Gnome cake pop toppers — Create the cutest cake pops ever by adding our little gnome toppers! Includes instructions for making cake pops and adding the toppers.
- Favor boxes — Package snacks or small party favors in our adorable favor boxes. Just print, cut, and fold to assemble. The 3″ x 2″ x 2″ boxes feature the signature red and yellow route marker flag.
- Tent cards / Bag tags — These 5-1/4″ x 2-3/4″ folded cards are perfect for place settings, marking buffet food, or marking items along the race. Or staple them to the top of a plastic or paper bag for an adorable bag tag! Comes in two designs — gnome and map.
- Popcorn boxes — Serve popcorn, chips, fries, or other snacks in these sweet boxes. Measuring 4-1/2″ tall and 3″ wide at the top, they feature a different design on each of the four sides — gnome, route marker, TAR stripe, and map.
- Straw flags — Add some flair to your drinks with fun straw flags. Two designs include the TAR stripe and red-and-yellow route marker.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING:
You are purchasing digital items which will be delivered to you electronically by email within 24 hours of payment. Set #1 consists of one PDF file and one DOC file. Set #2 consists of one PDF file. Set #3 consists of one PDF file and one DOC file. You must have Adobe Reader installed to open PDF files. You must have Microsoft Word/Office to open DOC files, or a software equivalent that can handle these file extensions. You may print these files as needed to create your own clues, signs, and labels. No papers, printouts, or other items will be mailed to you as part of this purchase. By purchasing these digital items, you agree that they are for your personal use only, and you are prohibited from sharing, distributing, or selling either the files or products made with the printables in these files.