Make a modern and crafty wedding program booklet Posted by Chica
June 18, 2008

When I got married, I made my own wedding programs. Much like Jo (who shared her tri-fold wedding program template with you previously), I spent a lot of time making a Microsoft Word template with the information formatted nicely. I then printed out the pages and assembled the programs, which ended up looking like little booklets. In this post I’ll share my free template with you and show you how I used it to make a modern and crafty wedding program.

I started by printing out the pages of my program. The paper you use can be anything from a nice bright white printer paper to a lovely decorative paper or a high-quality linen paper. You can have as many pages as you want, and you can see my pages in the Word template below.

After editing the template, I printed out plenty of copies of all the pages and then used my trusty paper trimmer to cut each page into three even pieces that were 8 1/2″ tall and just under 3 3/4″ wide. I also cut a sheet of vellum the same size as the pages. I stacked the pages in order and put the sheet of vellum on top.

wedding program template

Included in this stack was a piece of card stock that served as the back of my booklet. I cut the card stock slightly larger than the pages so that it would stick out on the sides and bottom (I left the top flush). The card stock pieces were 4 1/4″ wide and 8 3/4″ tall. Since our wedding colors were silver/gray and lavender, I used a soft gray card stock (and lavender ribbon).

With all the pieces cut, it was time for assembly. I took one set of pages (including vellum and card stock) and then aligned all the top edges together. I then punched two holes in the entire stack, about 1/2″ apart and 1/2″ down from the top. This is where my ribbon would be going, and since the ribbon I was using was thin, I didn’t want giant round punch holes, so instead I used a cool 1/4″ slot-style hole punch, which made tiny rectangular slots that were perfect for the ribbon. If you can find a two-holed ribbon punch, it will save you a lot of time because you can punch both holes at once!

wedding program template

Your ribbon should be fairly wide (I used a 3/4″ ribbon) but not too thick or else it won’t fit in the holes. I used a wired ribbon, which helped me to form the ribbon the way I wanted it and gave the “knot” a nice firm hold on the paper. The length of ribbon you need will depend on the look you want to achieve and how far apart you put your holes, but my pieces were about 6″ long. To get your length just right, make a booklet with a really long piece of ribbon, trim it, and then take it apart and measure it.

To thread the ribbon through the holes, start by poking both ends from the front through to the back.

wedding program templatewedding program template

Then take one end (which is sticking out the back at this point) and push it back through the other hole so that it sticks out the front. Do the same with the other end, and now you’ll have both ends coming out on the front of the card.

wedding program templatewedding program template

Pull them tight and straighten them, then trim the ends of the ribbon if needed (they might have unraveled a bit during handling) so they are crisp.

wedding program template

When you’re done, you’ll have a nice clean “knot” on the back and a pretty “bow” on the front.

wedding program templatewedding program template

Now the programs are ready to be handed out to the guests on the big day!

wedding program template

Here is the Word template I promised you, that I used to create my programs. This template is geared for a Catholic Mass, but you can obviously change the items on the pages as needed to suit your ceremony.

Click here to download our free Booklet-style Wedding Program Template

The first page of my template is sort of a “title page” and I left a space where you can include a large fancy initial (of your new last name), a clipart image to match your wedding theme (maybe a butterfly, rose, or wedding bells), or a photo of the happy couple. The middle pages contain ceremony information. The last page contains a personal message from the couple, along with contact information. I highly recommend something like this, because your guests will find your words to be thoughtful and the contact information to be useful, especially if you’re moving to a new home after the wedding.

1. Jenny said: (June 18th, 2008 at 12:27 pm)

And if the frayed ribbon edges bother you, you can also use a flame to slightly melt the edges, which seals them completely – no more fraying! Just be careful not to get the ribbon too close to the flame, and keep it moving.

2. Suzanne said: (September 6th, 2008 at 1:08 am)

Thanks for the template I am making them for my own wedding, they look really good and our colors are black white and red so I used black card stock backing and red ribbon!

I appreciate the suggestions, it is just slow going as I am making them myself and have to make 150 and have 40 done so far! I think I underestimated supplies so I will have to go back to Michaels.

3. Chica said: (September 7th, 2008 at 9:25 am)

Suzanne, I’m happy the program is working out for you, and I bet it looks really pretty with your colors. I know what you mean about it taking a while, though. When I made mine, I got my parents to come over one evening and we did the whole stack assembly line style, which really helped a lot :)

4. Karen said: (September 21st, 2008 at 10:53 pm)

Thank you so much for the template. I’ve looked all over the internet and yours was the best and easiest to work with. I LOVE IT. I’m making my own wedding programs and am thinking about making my own invitations too. My wedding is more than a year away but I’m already getting all the supplies ready. Thank you again.

5. Chica said: (September 22nd, 2008 at 7:11 am)

Thanks, Karen! I’m glad you like the template and we’d love to see your programs when you’re done. As for starting a year early — I don’t blame you one bit! I started really early for my wedding, too. It was the only way to get as much handcrafted stuff done as I could, which saved money and made the wedding that much more personal. Have fun!

6. Miranda said: (October 14th, 2008 at 11:32 pm)

This is amazing! I’ve been searching all over for a template–and once I found this one I knew it was the one. I’ve gotten the template done and just need to go buy the supplies to get them done! I love your site–you guys are amazing!

7. Chica said: (October 15th, 2008 at 9:25 am)

Thanks, Miranda! Good luck with the programs and let us know how it goes :)

8. Esther Jozwiak said: (January 14th, 2009 at 10:00 pm)

can you tell me where I can find the slit style hole punch that you used in this program design. I have not been able to find side hole punch.

Thanks,
    Esther

9. Chica said: (January 15th, 2009 at 7:33 am)

Hi, Esther. The slot-style hole punch is available on Amazon. There’s a link to it in the project description, but here it is again for easier reference: 1/4″ rectangle hole punch. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them at Michael’s craft store, also, so you might want to check them out if you’ve got one in your area.

10. Delanie said: (March 18th, 2009 at 5:52 pm)

Hi! I like this idea. Can you tell me..if you remember..How much ribbon you used for one program? Thanks!

11. Chica said: (March 18th, 2009 at 6:02 pm)

Hi Delanie. I think the ribbon was about 6″ long. Hope that helps and good luck with your programs!

12. Delanie said: (March 18th, 2009 at 8:02 pm)

Cool! Thanks!

13. Kerry said: (May 2nd, 2009 at 10:27 pm)

Hi there- can you tell me where you got your ribbon and what type of ribbon it is? Also, about how many spools of ribbon did you need? Thanks so much!

14. Chica said: (May 3rd, 2009 at 9:10 am)

Kerry, I bought the ribbon at Michael’s, I think. You need about 6 inches of ribbon per program, so how many spools you need will depend on how much ribbon is on a spool and many programs you are making. Good luck!

15. Kerryann said: (May 4th, 2009 at 6:34 pm)

Hi – this is a great template. One question I had was, do you write the same text on the vellum page as you do the first page? One idea I was thinking of is to just put our initial on the vellum page but wasn’t sure if that would look weird….

16. Chica said: (May 4th, 2009 at 6:58 pm)

Hi Kerryann! I did not print anything at all on the vellum because I wanted the text from the first page to show through. It made for a nice soft effect.

One thing you’ll have to be careful of if you decide to print on vellum is that inkjet printers don’t tend to print very well on vellum, but laser printers seem to do a better job.

17. Francesca said: (May 7th, 2009 at 3:32 pm)

Hi Chica,

Thank you very much for the templet. I have one question, I have a very large wedding party (16 bridesmaids). Can I use the same templet for my wedding.

18. Chica said: (May 7th, 2009 at 3:44 pm)

Hi Francesca. That sure is a large party! You can modify the template to include any information you want, so you ought to be able to fit all your bridesmaids’ names on there. The list might just have to stretch to two pages :)

19. Miranda said: (May 25th, 2009 at 3:50 pm)

Hello, This may sound silly but I want to use the tri-fold program template, but I am not able to unsert my own names and things, is that how it is suppose to work? Or am I doing something wrong? Can someone help me please I would like to use the template.

20. Jo said: (May 26th, 2009 at 1:26 pm)

I am sorry you are having problems with the template. If you click the link to download and tell it to open it in Microsoft Word, you should be able to edit it freely and then save it to your hard drive. Do you have Microsoft Word installed? If you are still having troubles, please send me an email at jo@chicaandjo.com and I will send you the file directly.

21. Francesca said: (August 19th, 2009 at 11:04 pm)

Hello I was wondering if I can use 2.5″ satin edged wired ribbons for this project. I can not find 3/4″ ribbons anywhere. Thanking you in advance.

22. Francesca said: (August 19th, 2009 at 11:21 pm)

Which size ribbon do you suggest also keep in mind that my colors are of the rainbow. Which are pastel colors of pink,green,blue,orange,yellow,and purple.

23. Chica said: (August 20th, 2009 at 7:12 am)

Hi Francesca. You can really use any size ribbon you like, as long as it will fit in the holes you punch. I personally think 2.5″ ribbon might be too large and overwhelm the page, but if you like it and it works for you, go for it! Just buy one roll and try a few samples first and see how it looks before doing them all :)

As for the colors, why not get 6 different ribbons, each in one of the colors, and mix the programs up? Some folks would get pink, some would get yellow, etc. That would be very pretty, I think.

24. Dawn said: (September 19th, 2009 at 1:43 pm)

Hi Chica,
    I am thrilled that I came across your booklet template. It is the exact type of program I wanted to make and you made it that much easier for me. Thank you for posting it!

25. Chica said: (September 19th, 2009 at 8:40 pm)

Awesome, Dawn! We’d love to see your programs when you’re done, so feel free to post them to our Flickr group.

26. Cynthia said: (November 10th, 2009 at 9:56 pm)

Hi I love the “V” what font did you use and what put the size? I need and “A” where you V. I am also trying to make this smaller and convert it to a tri-fold. thanks so much

27. Cynthia said: (November 10th, 2009 at 9:59 pm)

I also need to add a small 2.5 x 2.5 picture to the front of this program. Any suggestions on how to do that? Thanks again

28. Chica said: (November 11th, 2009 at 8:11 am)

Hi Cynthia. I don’t remember where I got that “V” or what font I used, but I just searched one of my favorite sources for free fonts, 1001freefonts.com, and found one I think you’ll like. Check out Baroque Script. It has a very fanciful “A”.

As for the photo, Word should make that pretty easy for you. Just put your cursor where you want the photo to be, and choose “Insert” -> “Picture” -> “From File” in the menu. Then browse for your photo on your computer and insert it. You can then re-size it and move it as desired.

Good luck and we’d love to hear how it goes!

29. Cynthia said: (November 11th, 2009 at 10:40 am)

Thank you sooooo much. I am doing this for a friend and I want this to be special. I’m excited to see the finished product!! You’re awesome!!!

30. Nik said: (December 15th, 2009 at 2:07 pm)

Thank you for this great tutorial, I like these alot! Quick question, with no cut marks on the print out, how did you know exactly where to cut so that everything was the correct width?

31. Chica said: (December 15th, 2009 at 2:35 pm)

Hi Nik, thanks for the nice comments. It has been a few years since I made those programs, but if I remember right, I just started on one side of the paper and used the ruler on my paper trimmer to measure each cut. This may vary depending on how your printer prints the pages, but just try to get them as even as possible, and remember that every program doesn’t have to be the exact same width :)

32. Dee said: (May 17th, 2010 at 5:41 pm)

Hi Chica!

I am so happy I found this template! I downloaded it, but it only lets me view the actual document. How can I get it to let me write in my own information? Thanks so much for all your help!

33. Chica said: (May 17th, 2010 at 5:49 pm)

Hi Dee. The template is a Microsoft Word document, so when you downloaded it, it should have launched directly into Word (assuming you have Word installed on your computer!). Once you’ve got the template open in Word, you can just backspace/delete over the text that appears and replace it with your own text.

If you are not able to edit the text you see, my guess is that your browser is attempting to launch the template into something other than Word.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

34. Lee said: (June 21st, 2010 at 7:25 pm)

Hi, im tyring to copy a font from 101 free fonts but when i download it. it only saves as wuick brown fox speil? How do i copy just a J and N for the cover?

35. Chica said: (June 23rd, 2010 at 7:03 am)

Hi Lee. When you download a font for Windows, it should be in the form of a .ttf file (which might be zipped up into a .zip file). You’ll need to install the font before you can use it. To do that, copy the .ttf file into your “fonts” folder (found in the Control Panel). Once the font has been installed, you should be able to choose it when creating text in whatever application you are using (like Word or Photoshop).

If you need more help with installing fonts on Windows, check out this page from Microsoft

36. Nancy said: (July 7th, 2010 at 1:51 pm)

I love this program, its the one I am going to use for our wedding. It is pretty much exactly like the Invitations I purchased!! Thanx!!

37. Chica said: (July 7th, 2010 at 1:52 pm)

What a stroke of luck, Nancy. We’d love to see the programs you create. Congratulations on your wedding!

38. Samica said: (July 20th, 2010 at 2:39 pm)

Chica!!! Thank you so much for posting this template…exactly what we wanted! I am defintely a DIY bride so this is great! We saw these programs in the store but they were too expensive and over our budget! I am blessed to have my brother printing them out for us, so now we just have to do the assemebling…thanks again…hope to send you a pic of the finish product!

39. Chica said: (July 20th, 2010 at 2:52 pm)

Samica, I’m so glad we could help and save you some money. Please do share a photo after the event, and congratulations on getting married :)

40. Thalia said: (July 27th, 2010 at 1:17 am)

Thank you for your talented advice. I am excited to begin the project for my September wedding.

41. Chica said: (July 27th, 2010 at 8:36 am)

You’re welcome, Thalia. We hope you have a wonderful wedding!

42. Angelique said: (January 28th, 2011 at 4:40 pm)

Thanks so much! This Program is exactly what I was looking for. And affordable since we’re both students!

43. Mary said: (February 13th, 2011 at 2:48 pm)

Hi, where’d you get your materials from? Do you remember how much it cost?

Thanks! :)

44. Chica said: (February 14th, 2011 at 7:12 am)

Hi Mary. If I remember correctly (it has been quite a while!), I got the vellum and ribbon at Michael’s. If you watch the sales carefully, you can get them for a good price. The gray cardstock came in a ream from an office supply store, since I needed so much of one color, it was more affordable than buying single sheets. The white paper is just regular copy paper. Hope that helps!

45. Cyndi said: (February 18th, 2011 at 12:37 pm)

Hi Chica! I know this is an OLD post but what did you use to punch your holes? I am new to paper crafts and that is the only part I can’t seem to get right. I used a regular hole punch but the poor thing bent and broke just trying it’s first hole :( Thanks!!!

46. Chica said: (February 18th, 2011 at 6:35 pm)

Hi Cyndi. It’s never too late to comment on one of our projects :) I used a 1/4″ slot-style paper punch for the holes in this program. I like the rectangular slot better than a round circle. You may also be able to find a two-hole ribbon punch, which saves time. If you’re having trouble getting a punch to go through, you might want to try just punching a few sheets at a time. Hope that helps!

47. Natalia said: (July 4th, 2011 at 9:09 pm)

Hi Chica,

What was the length of the ribbon you used? I’m trying to estimate how much ribbon to buy. Thanks.

48. Chica said: (July 5th, 2011 at 7:01 am)

Natalia, I think I used about 6 inches of ribbon for each program. Hope that helps!

49. Marie said: (July 20th, 2011 at 3:52 pm)

Hi Chica,

I’m so happy that I came accross this post. I have been searching for this exactly and finally found it. You explained it so well, and its so helpful. So happy I found a wedding program I love.

50. Chica said: (July 20th, 2011 at 6:11 pm)

Yay, Marie! Welcome to our site and we hope you stick around and enjoy more of our project ideas :)

51. Nina S. said: (September 9th, 2011 at 12:05 pm)

this is so nice. its the first template i saw & fell n love with it. i wile be using it for my wedding in feb

52. Chica said: (September 9th, 2011 at 1:21 pm)

Yay, Nina! We’d love to see how your programs come out, and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

53. Tobi said: (September 11th, 2011 at 8:53 pm)

Wow, ladies! This is impressive, simple, and oh so elegant! I cannot wait to try this out!

54. Jen said: (September 26th, 2011 at 8:11 pm)

Hello, just wondering how I go about making the 3 colums just a little bit wider?? I have the whole thing done, but I would like for the words to go further out to the edges. How do I do that?

55. Chica said: (September 27th, 2011 at 8:01 am)

Jen, to make your columns wider, you’ll need to adjust their settings in Word. Depending on which version of Word you have, this may be in a different place, but try to find the Column settings and then adjust the “width” and “spacing” until you have more room for your text. In our template, the width is set to 3″ and the spacing is 1/2″ currently. Hope that helps!

56. Kimberly Johnson said: (October 12th, 2011 at 4:31 pm)

Hi, I was wondering what size paper did you start with for the card stock and program?

57. Chica said: (October 12th, 2011 at 7:16 pm)

Kimberly, the paper was all 8.5″ x 11″

58. Meg said: (November 14th, 2011 at 3:03 pm)

Hello, this is an absolutely amazing idea. I had been looking and looking for ideas to do for my programs and I didn’t like anything until I saw this.
    With my wedding only months away and me running around because of everything else I didn’t think I’d ever find anything, that was in my budget and looks very good, but this is simple, affordable, and something I can do, so thank you for posting this and helping me.

59. Chica said: (November 15th, 2011 at 7:18 am)

That’s wonderful to hear, Meg! Good luck with the rest of your wedding planning. I know it can be overwhelming at times :)

60. Kristi said: (December 10th, 2011 at 8:09 am)

Thank you so much for this template! I’m getting married in a week and this is perfect. I’ve been working on them all weekend, and I think their going to be beautiful!!

61. Chica said: (December 10th, 2011 at 8:13 am)

So glad we could help out, Kristi! We’d love to see what you come up with if you want to share a photo in our Flickr group for reader projects.

62. Ashley said: (January 5th, 2012 at 10:51 pm)

Thank you so, so much for this template! I am in the process of finishing up my programs for our upcoming wedding and they look fantastic! Your generosity is much appreciated! Thanks again for sharing!

63. Renee said: (February 6th, 2012 at 8:51 pm)

I LOVE this template!! But for some reason I am unable to edit the microsoft file – it opens up, but then will not let me save or change anything… Is it a doc or docx?

64. Chica said: (February 7th, 2012 at 8:25 am)

Renee, I’m sorry you’re having trouble editing the template. It is a Microsoft Word file in .doc format. I just tried opening it myself and it launched into Word, where I was able to edit it. Is yours launching into Word or is it trying to display in your browser or in some other editor? Maybe try saving it (right click and select Save File As) and then opening it from Word?

65. Shanna said: (February 19th, 2012 at 9:33 pm)

Thank you so much for the template!!! I just love this idea!!! I have already printed all of my programs and can’t wait to get to the craft store to get my ribbon and card stock! Thanks again!

66. Chica said: (February 20th, 2012 at 6:55 am)

So glad you like this template, Shanna. We’d love to see how your programs come out if you want to upload a photo to our Flickr reader’s group.

67. Missy said: (February 29th, 2012 at 9:40 pm)

Thank you so much for the template and your page was a HUGE help!!!!!!! I have got my supplies on order and the program typed up…thanks so much again!!!!!

68. Chica said: (March 1st, 2012 at 6:50 am)

You’re welcome, Missy. Congrats on your upcoming wedding :)

69. Angela C said: (April 7th, 2012 at 12:21 pm)

I love this template, I will be using it for my wedding :) For those looking for a nice curly font to use for the monogram letter on the front… “Janda swirlygirl” is a nice free one which can be found on dafont.com

70. Angela C said: (April 7th, 2012 at 4:19 pm)

I have a question… where did you get the wired ribbon. I have had trouble finding a plum colored ribbon with the wire :-(

71. Angela C said: (April 7th, 2012 at 4:31 pm)

I did find some 7/8″ ribbon though, do you think that would be too wide? (sorry for all the comments!!!)

72. Chica said: (April 7th, 2012 at 5:43 pm)

Angela, your comments and questions are welcome! I don’t remember where I got my ribbon, but I suspect it was Michael’s, because that’s where I tend to buy most of my ribbon. You can certainly use any width of ribbon you like, depending on the look you’re going for. You may need to adjust the size of the hole depending on the thickness and width of the ribbon you use, though. Hope that helps!

73. Leah said: (May 14th, 2012 at 10:38 am)

Do you happen to remember the length of the ribbon you cut to thread through the slotted holes?

74. Chica said: (May 14th, 2012 at 1:18 pm)

Leah, I think my ribbon was about 6″ long, but you may need to use more or less depending on how you space your holes and the look you want to achieve.

75. Leah said: (May 16th, 2012 at 8:15 am)

I am at the hole punching stage in this project. Were you able to punch through all the layers at once with your hole punch or did you do them individually & line them up during assembly? This hole punching part has become challenging for me.

76. Chica said: (May 16th, 2012 at 9:25 am)

Leah, I don’t remember having an issue with punching the holes, but it would be harder if you have more sheets than I did or thicker paper. Perhaps try doing half the stack, then add the rest of the pages, line it all up, and punch through the existing holes to the other pages. This will help you keep everything aligned.

77. Leah said: (May 16th, 2012 at 10:12 am)

Did you use the hole punch that you posted the link to on Amazon? I have looked everywhere for one & only found one at AC Moore but it’s not going to work.

78. Chica said: (May 16th, 2012 at 10:36 am)

Yes, Leah, that is the punch I used.

79. Josett said: (June 11th, 2012 at 3:41 pm)

This template saved my life!!
    Making them for my daughters wedding next week.
    Thank you!!

80. Chica said: (June 11th, 2012 at 8:32 pm)

So glad we could help, Josett!

81. Kida said: (June 30th, 2012 at 6:41 am)

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you…. You have no idea how much my stress level just decreased. I have made numerous trial and error attempts. I finally came up with one that i liked and went to buy the paper and started to feel ill over the amount of money for a DIY project…I would have saved money if I had them professionally done. I say this because my version would have required me to print one page PER section (a page for the cover, a page for the wedding party, a page for the wedding ceremony, etc) that would have been 280 pages total (4 pages for each of my 70 guest) to have a booklet style wedding program for all of my guest. Basically I couldn’t figure out how to get more than one segment on a page to cut my cost, time, and energy down. I woke up at almost 4 am this morning and came across your site. After a short time later and feeling unsure because it just seemed to easy, I did my first “test” print…I actually started to cry. It was perfect! My wedding is next week so I have half a million things left to do and creating my programs was the most stressful and becoming too costly. I can now print all 5 sections (I was able to add a new page now) on ONLY 2 PIECES PAPERS. Thank you a million times over, you really have know idea what a blessing this was to find.

82. Chica said: (July 2nd, 2012 at 6:43 am)

Kida, we’re so happy we saved the day! Congrats on your wedding, and good luck with the programs :)

83. Jessica said: (August 28th, 2012 at 4:20 pm)

I was so unsure how I wanted to make my programs… and this is PERFECT!!! Classy and modern. Thank you!

84. Shantel said: (March 12th, 2013 at 1:58 pm)

I came across your site from a string of pictures of programs during a google search. Thank Goodness!! I loved the way they looked, and after reading the directions they seemed easy. I have already made all the pages on my computer, and printed out test pages. Now I just need to print everything and put them together. Crossing my fingers they come out great.
    thanks again!

85. Lauren said: (April 6th, 2013 at 1:57 pm)

Wow, thank you so very much for the template and the wonderful “how-to” guide!! I am making the programs for my sister-in-law’s wedding, and these are just beautiful. Thanks again :)

86. Chica said: (April 8th, 2013 at 7:51 pm)

You’re welcome, Lauren, and thanks for saying hi!

87. Kayla said: (May 23rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm)

What thickness of Vellum paper was used on this program?

88. Chica said: (May 24th, 2013 at 8:45 am)

Kayla, I don’t know how thick the Vellum I used was. It was pretty basic stuff that I picked up at the local craft store.

89. shane said: (June 5th, 2013 at 1:52 am)

we want our program to be smaller in size like about 5×5 for example how can you adjust your template for this?

90. Chica said: (June 5th, 2013 at 7:12 am)

Shane, the template has been divided into columns, three on a page. You would only be able to fit one 5×5 page on a piece of paper, so there’s no sense in messing with columns. Your best bet would probably be to start from a new Word doc and add a “Text area” and specify a size of 5×5. Hope that helps!

91. Jenienne said: (June 24th, 2013 at 4:13 pm)

I love these!!! My question though is the measurements. In the template it says to cut them 3.75″ wide- but that would be longer than an 11inch piece of paper. Do you remember your width measurements?

92. Chica said: (June 24th, 2013 at 9:40 pm)

Jenienne, you’re right that you can’t get three 3.75″ pieces out of one standard sheet of paper, but it’s really close to that, and just a little bit less (3.67″ actually). I’ve corrected the instructions in the downloadable template to indicate this. Just do your best to divide it into three even pieces!

93. Kimlin said: (August 13th, 2013 at 10:22 pm)

I love this!!!! I sat down tonight and finished my wedding programme….. Chica and Jo thanks a million….. Will post pictures of the finished product later on……

94. Mary Anne said: (August 30th, 2013 at 2:20 pm)

Thank you SO much! My future daughter-in-law asked if I would make the programs and you just made my job about 1000 times easier! What a truly beautiful and elegant program!

95. Chica said: (August 30th, 2013 at 2:27 pm)

So glad we could help, Mary Anne!

96. April said: (September 5th, 2013 at 2:48 pm)

How much do you think it will cost to do this for 200 guests regarding all the supplies I will need?
    Does anyone sell them like these for cheap?

THANKS!

97. Chica said: (September 5th, 2013 at 6:53 pm)

April, the cost will depend on what type of cardstock, paper, vellum, and ribbon you use, as well as how many pages you put into your program. You’ll have to do some price shopping to see!

98. Mary Anne said: (October 7th, 2013 at 9:27 am)

Just finished all the programs and they look beautiful! One tip I’d like to pass on: It was difficult trying to keep all the pages and card stock backing of the program together — and all the edges straight — while trying to use the ribbon punch (I had to apply so much pressure that the pages kept slipping out of alignment). So I got everything perfectly in alignment and then placed a simple binder clip on each side to hold everything firmly in alignment. You could go ahead and use the hole punch then, but I went an additional step: while the binder clips were holding everything in place I applied a very thin strip of hot glue (with a glue gun) jut under the top edge of each page, creating a permanent ‘binding’. Sounds like overkill, but the now the pages stay in perfect alignment and absolutely will not shift from left to right as it tended to do when only the ribbon was holding it in place. The gluing was actually the fastest part of the process! Thanks again for your fabulous idea and template!!

99. Chica said: (October 7th, 2013 at 12:54 pm)

Glad you liked our template, Mary Anne, and thanks for sharing your clever solution!

100. Kenyatta said: (November 4th, 2014 at 3:12 pm)

I thought I was going to pay to have programs done and my fiance was down with that plan. I stumbled across your website and I am so excited to try this out. Our wedding is over a year away but this gives me time to experiment and make it our very own. Thank you, thank you, thank. Now it is off to find the perfect paper and ribbon.

101. Chica said: (November 8th, 2014 at 9:08 am)

We love helping people be crafty and save money, Kenyatta! Best of luck with this project :)