Grinch Christmas party ideas
One of our favorite Christmas traditions is getting out our homemade “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” Advent calendar each year. My girls love the Grinch and all of his antics with Max. This year, the girls wanted to host a Grinch-themed Christmas party so we had to come up with some fun decorating ideas. You will be able to find everything you need for your own Grinch party in our Grinch party printables.
All of our printables include printing tips, assembly instructions with color photos, and customizing tips, when appropriate. All printables are designed to be printed onto standard 8.5″ x 11″ paper. Most do best on white cardstock, but labels and stickers work best printed on full-sheet sticker paper. Ready to learn more about what’s in each set? Keep reading to see!
Grinch Party Printables
This set includes 95 printable PDF pages and 4 customizable .DOC pages that let you create the following:
- Invitation – Includes ready-to-print and customizable versions in three designs (“Merry Grinchmas”, “Join our Grinch Grab”, and blank)
- Bag Tag / Tent Cards – Includes ready-to-print versions, in small and large, in 6 designs (“Grinch’s heart grew 3 sizes…”, “Who-Hash”, “Who-Pudding”, “Who-Roast Beast”, “Crumb too small for a mouse”, and blank) and customizable versions, in small and large, of the blank design
- Coffee Cup Labels – “Whoville Coffee Co”
- Cutlery Wraps – 7 designs (Grinch, Max, Cindy Lou, Who-Hash, Who-Pudding, Who-Roast Beast, Mouse)
- Milk Bottle / Push Pop Wraps – 4 designs (Grinch, Max, Cindy Lou, Who-Pudding)
- Punch Cup Labels – Grinch’s eyes
- Favor Boxes – 3 designs (Grinch, Max, and Cindy Lou)
- Popcorn Boxes – 3 designs (Grinch, Max, and Cindy Lou)
- Round Labels / Cupcake Picks – 6 designs (Grinch, Max, Cindy Lou, Who-Roast Beast, Who-Pudding, and Who-Hash)
- Straw Flags – “Merry GRINCHmas!”
- Water Bottle Wraps – “WH20”
- Pattern Sheets – 4 designs (red, yellow, green, stripe)
- Banner – A-Z, 0-9, exclamation mark, blank, Grinch, Max, Cindy Lou
- Grinch Quote Word Art – 4 quotes, each available in red and green
As a bonus, we also include a .ZIP file containing the “Grinch” font that you can use to customize some of your printables or for your other party decor needs!
All good parties start with an invitation! The basic “Merry GRINCHmas!” version works for most parties, but we also include a “Join our Grinch Grab” version for gift-swap parties, and a blank one for your own party title. You can write the details on by hand or edit the customizable Word .DOC versions for printed party info.
The popcorn boxes are great for popcorn, but also work well with other treats. We like using white cheese puffs because they looked like snowballs and are a bit more festive.
Our bag tags are perfect for making cute party favors, and these are probably our favorite Grinch party favors ever. We placed the tags on clear cellophane bags filled with green M&M’s and one red chocolate heart. We made the chocolate hearts by simply drawing a heart shape with Wilton red candy melts but you can save time and buy red foil wrapped hearts instead.
The favor boxes are perfect for holding Hershey Kisses or other small candies or toys. For these, instead of tucking the flap inside the box, we left it on the outside so it shows more of the character. Just use a small piece of double-sided tape to keep them closed.
McGeeky liked the slight scientific pun on our “WH20″ water bottle labels. To keep the labels from being ruined by condensation, use inexpensive packing tape to “laminate” them first and then wrap them around the bottle and tape closed.
Our round label template can be used to make cupcake picks or for adorning lots of different things. You can even use them as gift tags or string them together for a fun Grinch garland.
For the adults at the party, we had some large coffee cups straight from the Whoville Coffee Co.
Use the cutlery wraps to make it easy for guests to pick up a napkin and flatware all at the same time. It looks cute to boot! And what a fun way to reference those classic Who dishes of Who-Hash, Who-Roast Beast, and Who-Pudding on your buffet.
Need a banner for your party? Just print whatever letters you need from our set to spell out whatever you like. We’ve got the letters A-Z, numbers 0-9, an exclamation mark, a blank (for spaces), and character banners featuring Grinch, Max, and Cindy Lou.
Grinch Face Favor Bag Printables
This set includes printable PDF pages with eyes and hats to create our devilishly cute Grinch Face Favor Bags (see our previous post for more info).