JUL
2011

Harry Potter chocolate frog

by: Jo

Harry Potter chocolate frog

For the upcoming final installment of the Harry Potter movie series, I wanted to add another project to our Harry Potter repertoire. I love the sweet cart that comes around on the Hogwart’s Express and thought it would be fun to replicate the chocolate frog boxes to hand out as party favors for my upcoming movie party.

To make the box, we designed a template that can be printed, cut out, and folded together. It’s available as part of our Harry Potter Honeydukes printables collection on Etsy. I really love the unusual and cool shape of the box lid.

Harry Potter chocolate frogs

If you follow the Harry Potter novels or the movies, you know that chocolate frogs come with wizard trading cards. Our frogs are no exception! We designed customizable wizard trading cards to be personalized with a name and photo, to put in the bottom of each chocolate frog box.

Harry Potter chocolate frogs

Last, but certainly not least, the boxes needed a chocolate frog! These are easy to make with the chocolate from mold included in our Harry Potter Candy Mold Kit in our Amazon store. Just fill the mold with Wilton candy melts to form the frog. Don’t they look adorable nestled in the custom box?

Chocolate Frog Picture

The Honeydukes printables collection includes more than just the frog box. It also includes full instructions and printables to create tags, boxes, and labels for these Honeydukes candies: Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, Fizzing Whizzbees, Sugar Quill Lollipops, and Chocolate Frogs. It even has several sizes and shapes of Honeydukes logos for decorating your party space.

And if you pick up one of our Harry Potter Candy Mold Kits to make the frogs, you’ll also get other molds, sticks, bags, and ties to make lots of other cute Harry Potter themed lollipops!

Harry Potter Suckers

Harry Potter chocolate frog

Jan 07/08/2011 at 10:29 am

Amazing. Just designing those intricate boxes, amazing. Sounds like this will be a fun party!

Amy 07/08/2011 at 10:51 am

Oh my goodness you girls are awesome! I am totally making these! Thanks for sharing your hard work! :)

Courtney 07/08/2011 at 8:35 pm

Great idea! I know some friends who would LOVE this! I’m thinking it’s a Print and Cut job for my Silhouette SD to cut out and save me the time and the hand cramps ;)

Chica 07/09/2011 at 4:19 pm

Courtney, what a great idea. I should’ve done that to help Jo out!

Jo 07/10/2011 at 8:51 pm

Yes, Chica, you should have! Next time, readers!

Kaya 07/14/2011 at 3:09 pm

You guys rock! I love these things! I’m sooo giving them to my viewing party guests! :) :D

Jo 07/14/2011 at 4:36 pm

Thanks, Kaya! Have fun at your party!

Harley 10/30/2011 at 12:29 pm

I was looking for the frog boxes to put my frogs in for our Hogwarts party at church and discovered your site, I love the whole entire site, great job, oh and the boxes turned out great, the first one not so much but the rest, awesome, thanks a ton.

Chica 10/30/2011 at 8:13 pm

Glad you liked this project, Harley! I’m glad you stuck with it after the first one didn’t come out quite right… sometimes there is a learning process with tricky folds like these :)

Sera 06/22/2012 at 4:10 am

Hey that’s an awesome project!

Shraddha 10/03/2012 at 1:31 am

Thank you for posting. My daughter is having a Harry Potter Birthday and these boxes add a great touch:) . Thank you.

Cexi Ley 02/12/2013 at 5:15 pm

:D thanks

Keri 04/30/2013 at 4:29 pm

Hi- Just made these for a Harry Potter playdate. They were easy to make and adorable! I made the chocolate frogs, the boxes and printed and laminated wizard trading cards. As much fun for me as it was for them!! Thanks for the templates.

Chica 04/30/2013 at 6:51 pm

So glad you enjoyed this project, Keri!