I really loved the Daisy downloadable that Chica provided in her plantable flower basket tutorial on Monday. I loved it so much that I decided I had to make another project with it. Since it’s all springy now and Easter is just around the corner, I decided to make a pin.
I printed the daisy images onto Shrinky Dink inkjet sheets to start. Please READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY for your particular package of shrink paper, as they may vary. For example, I had to change my printer setting to transparency and low ink output and lighten my image. Just make sure you do exactly what it tells you to when printing. There, that was the hardest part. After you have your images printed and then cut out, you are ready for the oven. I put my images on a foil-lined cookie sheet, but again you should do whatever the package instructions recommend.
If you have kids around your house, make sure they get to watch the shrinking magic. It amazes me every single time I do it! It’s the little things in life, what can I say? Look at how much brighter (and smaller) they are after you shrink them. Love!
Next, I coated each flower with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic . This makes them super shiny and protects the images. When that was dry, I layered the flowers on top of each other and used some Zots glue dots to affix them in place. You can use a glue gun or other glue you have lying around if you prefer. I put the three different sized flowers together alternating the colors but you can do it however it suits your fancy.
The final step is to attach a pin back. You could also make this into a necklace at this point by drilling a hole and adding a chain or cord, but I wanted to stick with the idea of making a very non-traditional corsage. I simply used adhesive-backed 1 inch bar pins on the back. You could use non-adhesive as well, and just attach it with a couple of drops from a hot glue gun.
Let it be noted that Chica does not like the smallest flower on the pins because she thinks it looks like a bug. I disagree. Sometimes we have creative differences, but since this was my project, I got the final say. The bug flowers stay!