Like most of you, I carve a big Jack-o-Lantern for Halloween every year. When I am at the store picking one out, I always spot those little mini pumpkins nearby and wonder if they can be carved, too. I finally decided to try it out, and I bought one this week. It turns out they are super easy to carve and work beautifully!
They look just like giant pumpkins do on the inside, and you can just cut out a lid and then scrape the tiny bit of seeds and goo out.
Then you have a perfect little hollow pumpkin!
- Use them as individual serving bowls for Jo’s pumpkin fondue, pudding, or pumpkin ice cream.
- Fill them with salt and pepper for your Halloween dinner table.
- Use them as placecards and put a treat or tiny prize inside.
- Carve faces on them like traditional Jack-o-Lanterns.
- Put something special inside to create a favor for a fall-themed wedding
- Use them as tea light holders on the table, mantle, porch, or bathroom.
- Add a bit of floral foam and then add flowers for a sweet little arrangement.
- Let the kids paint them to create their own personal Jack-o-Lantern
- Fill them with candy on a Halloween party buffet table.
- Hang them from a tree with string and fill them with birdseed for seasonal bird feeders that will look great in your yard.
Can you think of any other good uses for these tiny pumpkins?