Super Mario Brothers characters Posted by Jo
May 13, 2010
Jo

When planning my daughter’s Princess Peach birthday party this year, I knew the decorations just wouldn’t be complete without some of the “bad guys” lurking around the party space.  Two of the more popular “bad guys” with Little Jo are Koopa and Goomba, so we made a few of these bad boys to decorate with.

They will be a cinch for you to make, too, if you download our easy pattern templates!  Each piece is clearly labeled so you know what is what once you cut them all apart.

Download our free
Koopa (turtle) template
Download our free
Goomba (mushroom) template

After you download and print our templates for each character, you will need to trace them onto construction paper or poster board, using the right colors for each piece.

Assembly is pretty easy, as you can see from these finished pictures.

Super Mario Brothers characters GoombaSuper Mario Brothers characters Koopa

Next week, I will show you how we used these characters to make the party space extra special. For now, can you guess who is hiding behind two of my Goombas?

Super Mario Brothers characters

1. Chica said: (September 12th, 2010 at 11:18 am)

One of our readers, Sarah, recently made these cut-outs for her party. She even used the Goomba pattern to make red and white mushrooms! She shared a photo with us, which we’ve uploaded here on Flickr.

2. banessa tenezaca said: (November 27th, 2010 at 4:13 pm)

hey chica (:
    I just wanted to say that your ideas are soo helpful , im looking foward to a great and fun party for my son. Keep up the good work honey :)

3. Chica said: (November 27th, 2010 at 4:40 pm)

Thanks so much, Banessa! Hope the party goes great :)

4. Gloria said: (August 8th, 2011 at 12:50 pm)

This are incredible.. Im so glad I found your website!! My son will have one of the best parties this year thanks to you guys….

5. Alesia Estis said: (August 9th, 2011 at 1:29 am)

OMG!!!! Exactly what I was looking for. My son Quincey wants a Mario Bros. birthday party for his 5th b-day in Sept. This is AWESOME!!!! Thank you ladies for your creative ideas. This is going to be a BIG hit!!!! Just wonder if you have any cake ideas or where I would be able to find bakery that has Mario cakes Walmart in Louisiana (throwing party@ grandmas house) doesnt have any. Thanks for your kindness to share these ideas.

6. Jo said: (August 9th, 2011 at 9:31 am)

Alesia, so glad we could help! For the cake, you could get one decorated with green grass on the bottom and a blue sky and then add plastic figures. Or, you could use Super Mario Cupcake Collars to go around some easily iced cupcakes.

7. Tara said: (October 12th, 2011 at 3:46 pm)

I’m so thrilled I came across this!
    I will use these for my little guy’s party this weekend.
    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity :)

8. Stanley said: (November 17th, 2011 at 11:36 am)

Hey!! Good job!! May I know if you have something similiar for Yoshi??

9. Chica said: (November 17th, 2011 at 6:39 pm)

Sorry, Stanley, but these are all the character templates we have at this time.

10. Fernanda said: (February 12th, 2013 at 11:18 am)

Lovely ideas!!! My son 4th birthday is in March and I’m already printed the templates…just a doubt, to put it together you use white regular glue? Thanks for sharing the ideas!!!!

11. Chica said: (February 12th, 2013 at 12:57 pm)

So glad we could help, Fernanda. I think we used double-sided adhesive tape to attach the pieces, but you could use whatever you’ve got handy. Something like tape, sticky dots, or a glue stick should work fine. I would steer away from regular white glue, though, because something that wet tends to absorb into the paper and make it all warped and wrinkly.

12. Jessie said: (May 16th, 2014 at 3:19 pm)

Thank you so much for these. Doing a Mario party for my boy who just turned 5 today. We made the goombas and mushrooms so far. So cute! We are doing levels and when they complete each level they get a gold star and a prize. They are throwing flying discs at the koopas, throwing “fireballs” (cheese popcorn) at the goombas, blowing bubbles at Peach’s castle, shooting squirt guns at boo balloons, have to sopt all four mushrooms hiding around the yard…ten levels in all! I’m not sure if I’m more excited about this party or he is!

13. Chica said: (May 18th, 2014 at 9:35 am)

Sounds like a ton of fun, Jessie!