Christmas Advent calendar clothespin wreath

by: Jo

We hope you had a great Thanksgiving!  Now that we are munching on the leftovers from our family meals, we are starting to think more about Christmas.  I told you last week that I finally finished my Advent calendar house!  Today, we would like to share a much more simple Advent calendar idea based on our popular Thanksgiving clothespin wreath.

You’ll have to visit our friend Crafty Chica‘s site for the project details, though. She asked us to be guest bloggers on her site and we of course jumped at the opportunity to share a project with her and her readers.  So go check out our tutorial on her site, and spend some time browsing around the rest of Kathy’s site if you haven’t been there before.  We promise, you will be inspired!

Kathy has her own Advent Calendar project to share on her site, inspired by an idea we had to use a bunch of envelopes. She decorated the envelopes and is going to put a daily affirmation in each one. She’s storing them all in a wooden cigar box. What a joyous and heartwarming way to celebrate the coming holidays!

Crafty Chica's advent calendar envelopes

Michelle, Muffin Tin Mom 11/27/2009 at 7:05 pm

I was hoping and praying, you would make one for Christmas!!! Yipee! I LOVE it!

Jo 11/27/2009 at 11:50 pm

Michelle, my family loved the Thanksgiving one so much I really didn’t have a choice! The Christmas one went up on the door today when I took the other one down. Glad you like it!

sharla 11/29/2009 at 12:07 pm

I love this! Can I link and post a photo? Let me know if that is ok! I loved your thanksgiving one and this is even more fabulous!

Chica 11/29/2009 at 1:34 pm

Hi Sharla! We’re happy to have you link to our post. Thanks for asking :)

Hannah 12/02/2009 at 8:12 pm

This is adorable! i love this!

Sue 12/20/2009 at 12:43 pm

I am thinking of adapting a clothespin wreath with little pictures at the end of the wreath represeting items that my son likes (wants/needs) and have him use the clothespin for what he needs… in lieu of his icon book for the holiday… Do you think this would work?

Jo 12/20/2009 at 4:40 pm

Sue, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work! What a great idea. Please share photos in our Flikr group if you do it!