Christmas Advent calendar clothespin wreath Posted by Jo
November 27, 2009
Jo

We hope you had a great Thanksgiving!  Now that we are munching on the leftovers from our family meals, we are starting to think more about Christmas.  I told you last week that I finally finished my Advent calendar house!  Today, we would like to share a much more simple Advent calendar idea based on our popular Thanksgiving clothespin wreath.

You’ll have to visit our friend Crafty Chica‘s site for the project details, though. She asked us to be guest bloggers on her site and we of course jumped at the opportunity to share a project with her and her readers.  So go check out our tutorial on her site, and spend some time browsing around the rest of Kathy’s site if you haven’t been there before.  We promise, you will be inspired!

Christmas_Advent_Wreath

Kathy has her own Advent Calendar project to share on her site, inspired by an idea we had to use a bunch of envelopes. She decorated the envelopes and is going to put a daily affirmation in each one. She’s storing them all in a wooden cigar box. What a joyous and heartwarming way to celebrate the coming holidays!

Crafty Chica's advent calendar envelopes

1. Michelle, Muffin Tin Mom said: (November 27th, 2009 at 7:05 pm)

I was hoping and praying, you would make one for Christmas!!! Yipee! I LOVE it!

2. Jo said: (November 27th, 2009 at 11:50 pm)

Michelle, my family loved the Thanksgiving one so much I really didn’t have a choice! The Christmas one went up on the door today when I took the other one down. Glad you like it!

3. sharla said: (November 29th, 2009 at 12:07 pm)

I love this! Can I link and post a photo? Let me know if that is ok! I loved your thanksgiving one and this is even more fabulous!

4. Chica said: (November 29th, 2009 at 1:34 pm)

Hi Sharla! We’re happy to have you link to our post. Thanks for asking :)

5. Hannah said: (December 2nd, 2009 at 8:12 pm)

This is adorable! i love this!

6. Sue said: (December 20th, 2009 at 12:43 pm)

I am thinking of adapting a clothespin wreath with little pictures at the end of the wreath represeting items that my son likes (wants/needs) and have him use the clothespin for what he needs… in lieu of his icon book for the holiday… Do you think this would work?

7. Jo said: (December 20th, 2009 at 4:40 pm)

Sue, I don’t see why it wouldn’t work! What a great idea. Please share photos in our Flikr group if you do it!