This week on Chica and Jo, we are featuring projects and ideas for making your summer travel a bit easier.Â Chica and I are both ready for our annual trip to the beach but sadly, we have to wait until September this year!Â However, we still enjoy planning far ahead of time and thinking of fun, new projects related to travel.Â Today, we would like to share a round-up of previous posts related to travel.Â Please respond in our comments section at the bottom if you have any great travel tips or projects.Â We would love to add to our round-up!
- Travel felt board:Â Make a travel felt board that is a perfect way to quietly entertain kids. It folds up easily and doesnâ€™t take up a lot of room.
- Recycle towels to make your own beach blanket:Â Sew several beach towels together in a pattern to create a giant beach blanket that is actually big enough for a picnic or play area.
- Make your own portable DVD holder:Â Use simple ties to attach your portable DVD holder to the headrest. As easy to set up as it is to remove, and adjustable to almost any car, this solution is also really inexpensive!
- Packing lists for all of your travel needs:Â Get some great advice on packing for all sorts of trips and download our free packing lists to help you plan for how best to fill that suitcase.
- Protect knives during travel with these clever knife guards:Â Protect your knives from damage and safely take them away from home with these clever and simple knife protector sleeves. Theyâ€™re also great for protecting your fingers from the sharp edges if you store your knives in a kitchen drawer.
- Make your flight easier with an airline travel kit:Â Ease your next airline flight by bringing along a travel kit full of essentials that will cure your headaches, hunger, and boredom. Full of essential items, our kits are contained within a small pouch that fits easily in your carry-on bag and complies with TSA guidelines. Learn how to make your own kit or save time and money and purchase one from our store.
- How to travel with a toddler on a long plane flight:Â Get lots of tips on how to keep a toddler happy and entertained on a long plane flight.
- Organizing your mementos for a large event/vacation scrapbook:Â Organize and sort all your photos, scraps, and journaling for a large trip or event scrapbook ahead of time, saving you lots of effort in the future and making it so much easier to work on the book when time permits.
- Organizing with Ziploc bags for travel:Â Use large Ziplocs to pack your gear for camping or for heading to the beach. Smaller ones make great, inexpensive bags to hold toiletries, etc. inside of your suitcase.