Photo sharing after a wedding or big event

by: Chica

Photo sharing after a wedding or big event

Nowadays, photo sharing on Instagram, Facebook, SnapChat and Pinterest makes it super easy for a bride and groom to get all the candid photos from guests. To make it even easier, just pick a hashtag for your event that you can search after returning from the honeymoon. To share it with your guests, simply print out some standard business cards with your #hashtag and provide them with your social media handles.

Display the cards on the reception tables in these camera-shaped boxes. To make the box, I just printed my design onto card stock, cut it out, and folded it into shape. The result is a clever and unique little box that can be filled with cards and that looks adorable on the tables.

PicShare Boxes

This idea is useful for more than just weddings. You can create cards like this for any event you have where people will be taking pictures. Whether it’s a holiday celebration, cookout, birthday party, or family reunion, having customized cards to give out will make it super easy for people to share their pictures with you. Put them in a cute, little, camera-shaped box and your guests will think you’re really something else.

If you love this idea as much as Jo and I do, you may want to use it for your upcoming event. You can purchase our PicShare Boxes at in our Etsy store. Our listing includes a downloadable PicShare Box template, written assembly instructions, a video showing full assembly, and a customizable Word document to use when printing your own reminder cards. Check ’em out!

Photo sharing after a wedding or big event

dot 03/05/2009 at 8:49 am

This is truly a great idea! –Dot

Roey 03/05/2009 at 11:51 am

Thanks for your great comment on my article – I love your photobox template idea. Its a great addition to the other suggestions:

Ideas like yours are why we should always check back with articles we like, because clever people like you are always adding great ideas. Thanks.

Chica 05/08/2009 at 9:30 am

One of our readers, Mark, recently used our camera box templates at his wedding and was kind enough to share a photo with us. Check it out in our Flickr pool!

Christa Owens 10/08/2009 at 12:18 am

Thank goodness I got the chance to see your blogsite. my cousin is getting married by December, and i’m in-charge on the pictures and souvenirs stuff.. this would work great souvenirs! thanks!

Chica 10/08/2009 at 7:18 am

We’re glad you found us, too, Christa!

Tony 02/08/2010 at 2:36 pm

I didn’t think of that, what a great idea, having guests upload their photos to an online site. That’s brilliant.

Chica 02/08/2010 at 3:06 pm

Thanks, Tony!

VANIA 04/06/2010 at 3:17 pm

This is fricken the coolest idea ever!!! fantastic!

Suzie 04/21/2011 at 3:00 pm

Have you guys run across any other photo-sharing site like the Wedding Lens that is as easy to upload/share that’s not wedding specific? I’m thinking this would be a great idea for our Labor Day family reunions, as there are about 4 of us that love to take photos, but we’ve had problems in the past sharing them.

Chica 04/21/2011 at 6:18 pm

Hi Suzie! You might want to also check out, a site that offers a similar service without the wedding theme. And remember that our PicShare Boxes are perfect for any occasion :)

Shoestring Wedding 04/30/2013 at 2:06 pm

You truly save my friend’s wedding “memorabella” moment.

I can’t thank you enough. I was asked to help design a barbecue wedding reception for such a small budget.

I wanted to make it frugal but with taste. Pinterest totally helped me be brave. Ideas like yours are life savers from heaven. Thank-you so much! You made my day!