This past weekend, I hosted a chili cook-off at my home. We had about thirty people in attendance with a good turn out of tasty chili. I am used to hosting a lot of parties at my house and have even hosted really large soirÃ©es of over 100 people. I’ve found that when you have that many people in your home, a basic bathroom hand towel just doesn’t cut it.
In the past, I have just made a point of leaving out multiple hand towels in the bathroom but have noticed that those tend to get wadded up on the counter or fall to the floor, not very attractive or sanitary. Then, I tried remembering to go and switch out the towel a few times during the party and I would inevitably forget; really, who wants to be thinking of hand towels all night anyway?
The solution for my large problem smacked me over the head when I was out shopping for some napkins for the chili party — disposable guest towels. I’ve seen these in the stores so many times and have actually loved some of the designs on them but never thought about getting any. Why should I buy disposable hand towels when I had perfectly good ones at home? Well, you should buy them when you are having a large party, that’s why. I set out stacks of these during the event on a coordinating tray in the guest bath and they worked perfectly. You could also use a special guest towel holder. Everyone had a fresh towel to use and I didn’t have to worry about replenishing them. Here are a few of my favorites that I have found online:
- Santa napkins: I will be ordering these for my Christmas party.
- Circles: These would be great to put out for a baby shower or a kid party.
- Paisley brown: I have a thing for paisleys.
- Brown with topstitching: These are an environmentally friendly option, also available in black.
- Fruit motif: I ordered these to go in the bathroom off of my kitchen.
- Black Damask: These would go great in my Mom’s bathroom.