My sister and I were recently reminiscing about our days as Girl Scouts and talking about how her daughter would be old enough for Brownies soon. As we remembered all of our favorite projects and activities we did in Scouts, I realized that we’ve got quite a few projects here at ChicaAndJo.com that would lend themselves well to Girl Scout or Brownie troops looking for fun activities.
So I’ve gathered a list of projects for troop leaders who might need some inspiration for their girls.
- Make your own firestarters for your campfire
- Make your own yarn dolls
- Stencil painting with freezer paper
- Cornstarch goo is fun for kids
- Homemade peanut butter dog biscuits
- Use watercolors to enhance your stamping
- Make finger paints out of Jell-O gelatin mixes
- Make your own bubble wands out of pipe cleaners
- Make your own play silks
- Recycle old, broken crayons into fun new shapes
- Colorful swirled cupcakes
- Make ribbon embellished hair elastic bows
Do you have any other fun projects you remember from your scouting days? I’d love to hear about them.