JAN
2008

Free tri-fold wedding program template

by: Jo

When I got married, oh so many years ago now, my husband and I decided to make our own wedding programs to save a little cash. I ordered some nice paper to coordinate with my wedding colors and then started looking at examples of other programs I already had to help design ours. We ended up using the tri-fold program layout, printing on both sides of the paper. Since then, our friends have repeatedly asked me if they could use our template and customize it for their own wedding program. It was much easier for them to start from something that had already been painstakingly thought out than to start with an empty Microsoft Word document.

wedding program template

I would like to share this template with our faithful readers in the hopes that it will help alleviate some of the pre-wedding planning stress and at least make the creation of the wedding programs a little more bearable. All text is easily replaced but having it there gives you the spacing and layout you need.

Click here to download our free Tri-fold Wedding Program Template.

Also, check out the Booklet-style Wedding Program Template that Chica used for her wedding.

NOTE: Depending on the design of your selected paper, you might need to alter the spacing. Please do a test print on scrap paper before ruining your nice program stock!

Tina 01/25/2008 at 12:34 am

For wedding invitations, buy online. You will find a broader selection with typically cheaper rates than your local printing shop.

Yvonne deegan 08/19/2008 at 1:52 pm

Is there any way of getting template of the whole wedding booklets i am trying to do my own the last four weeks and just cant do it i am trying to get one that i just need to change the names and location please help running out of time

Beth 05/06/2009 at 10:30 am

You just made my day! My wedding is in one week and I’m just now making my programs. Your tri-fold template has helped me tremendously. Thanks for sharing!

Jo 05/06/2009 at 10:39 am

Beth, congrats on your upcoming wedding! Please email us if you have any questions.

Jamie 06/01/2009 at 1:09 am

Thank you so much for sharing this template with us! and for free!
    It’s so helpful and I appreciate your desire to help other brides save the time & effort of starting from scratch.

celeste 07/02/2009 at 9:29 pm

Thank you for making it so easy for me!

Ruby 04/20/2011 at 1:04 pm

Came in handy for a Volunteer Breakfast Celebration.

perfect!

Regina 06/15/2011 at 8:58 pm

I just wanted to let you know how very much I appreciate this template…I’ve started working with several different ones, none that would allow me to put my whole program on it… yours was designed to and made life easier :-)

Chica 06/16/2011 at 6:53 am

Regina, making life easier is our goal! Glad we could help and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

shelley 09/07/2011 at 7:50 pm

i bought trifold program and michaels and the template that the company sent along was horrible! Thank you for an easy to use template and great information too!

MiChelle 09/12/2011 at 11:28 pm

Need a template for a double wedding…like where we can put one couple on each side on inside and the information for where and such in the middle. My bf and I are planning to have a double wedding with his sister and her bf and I want something where we can both feel as if it is special for each of us. I have no family and her boyfriend only has his parents…no siblings so we are going to have a very intimate ceremony. We are planning to rent like 3 cabins and have a huge party in conjunction with our nuptials.

Chica 09/13/2011 at 7:13 pm

What a fun idea to have a double wedding, MiChelle! Take a look at our wedding program booklet tutorial. I think you could easily adapt that for your needs. Instead of having a piece of cardstock for the back, make a wider piece that folds down the middle, so that it opens up like a folder and each side has the information for one of the couples!

Nancy E. 09/28/2011 at 12:19 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was at my wits end trying to get the formatting right with the tri fold program. You have made my life a lot easier!!!

Chica 09/28/2011 at 7:04 am

You’re welcome, you’re welcome, you’re welcome! So glad we could help, Nancy :)

Cynthia 12/27/2012 at 8:40 pm

Thank you! This template worked beautifully for our founder’s legacy dinner at our church!

Chica 12/28/2012 at 9:25 am

Cynthia, I’m pleased to see that the template can work for more than just weddings!

Carol 06/17/2013 at 6:51 pm

Great template, I am working on a 50th wedding anniversary, and this is great!! Thank you!

leanne 10/07/2013 at 12:10 am

Our wedding is in one week and we are using your template. I wasn’t sure how to begin and this is so helpful! Thank you. it is just what I was looking for and could not find!

Chica 10/07/2013 at 12:53 pm

So glad we could help, Leanne. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Jo 05/31/2014 at 11:23 am

What size paper is needed for this template?

Chica 06/01/2014 at 10:44 am

Jo, this template works on standard 8.5″ x 11″ paper.

Tanya 06/20/2014 at 8:02 am

Thanks for this, I just downloaded the tri-fold template.
    I’ve bookmarked your site so when I have a spare few minutes (or 17 hours) I can get lost browsing! Haha!

Chica 06/22/2014 at 8:44 am

Thanks, Tanya. We look forward to a future visit from you!